Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Helga meets the pack

We picked up our newest Fjord from a very nice, eccentric, lesbian couple living 45 minutes south of Missoula. Also on this "farm" straight from some weird Cohen Brothers dream, were 12 pregnant pygmy goats, dozens of chickens, turkeys, and dogs.

Helga's life was getting ready to change - in a big way! From pasture horse and farm ornament she will become part of a big Fjord family - ridden in the mountains all summer and used to haul in big hunting clients and heavy packs all fall... Then she will be spoiled and at the horsey day spa for the entire winter - with 5 new friends.

Into the trailer she went (very easily I might add) and 4 hours later she was in a nice fancy dry lot in Bridger Canyon.

The next morning . . . We spent some time acclimating her to us and her new cell (I mean work, I mean pasture) mates.

"Alright, this guy may not be too bad . . . He has some nice sweet treats. Sucker."

Uhhh... I am in a very small confined space here aren't I... Not so sure I like this... or this guy. Where are those &*%$ treats again?"

"Where am I going now? I better not be put back in that small white box. And what is with the dogs that walk next to me ALL THE TIME!!!!!! They are annoying. This chick leading me around with this rope looks fat... is she pregnant or something?"

"What are those humans bringing to us now? Do they know we already have a pecking order here... That new horse looks funny."

"This gal looks familiar. Have you all met her before?"

"What are those guys staring at? Have they never seen a beautiful woman before?"

"Alright, tell them to QUIT staring at my ass. I know I need to lose 3oo pounds... I plan on starting my all carb diet on Monday."

"This will do. They can stay over there and I can stay over here. Space is good. That one young horse is kind of hot though . . . he could come share some hay with me anytime. Do you think he likes chunkier women?"


2 comments:

Bibi said...

Oh Helga! Have a swell time with cousins. You will have a great time with your new pack soon!
Kisses from the "Sconnie" cousins!

hub of the house said...

soooo pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...