Wednesday, February 25, 2009

30 Weeks . . . Countdown is ON!

This is Oliver saying "good morning" to Baby Girl Howell. He likes to paw at her and tell her how excited he is to share his space and owner's time with her when she arrives..... Please sense the sarcasm. Oliver is the very dog we are quite worried might go into a complete depression or all out rage when he realizes that the screaming crying baby who demands even more attention than him is here to stay FOREVER! (*** he is pawing at me because we had been out of bed for a whole 10 minutes before we fed him).


Scary, yes.... I know. Pardon the early morning pictures 1/2 naked... That is just the way we really look people! But, can't you see that I am growing????

So, 30 weeks, or as I like to say, 10 to go! Yikes. Technically, the baby could come at 36 (that is 6 weeks from now) and be fully developed and normal (very relative term for a Cottongim/Howell baby). In 38 weeks (8 weeks from now) she is technically within her due date range!

She weighs about 3 pounds or so now and moves around quite a bit. I can tell she is a bit more crowded than she was before, but she is still quite nice to me... Hardly any discomforts and I am still feeling great. I am grateful that she allows to me to work at the Bistro 4 nights a week and make some $$ before she comes. I am definitely a bit tired at the end of the nights, but for the most part, feeling quite normal! The spicy food thing hasn't seemed to bother me much either. We recently discovered a delicious (and spicy) chile relleno recipe (thanks Orums) and have cooked it twice now. Baby hasn't seemed to mind!

** As I typed this our youngest child, Oliver (as referenced above) farted and turned in circles until he realized that it came from his own butt **

Pete and I are still loving having so much time together before our arrival. We are getting some really special alone time and I know we will cherish it for many years to come!

Other updates: Peter got kicked by a horse yesterday. He says he is fine, just a bit sore. Attie was trying to gently nudge the new Helga and Pete happened to be in the way. I got called for sub-duty at the highschool finally! I turned in all my paperwork in November, but they have such a long sub list, I am just now getting called! We are done house sitting up at Heidi's house. It was a nice escape from reality while it lasted, but we are also happy to be back in our teeny tiny home where things are simple (and don't always work). My Okie-Bad-Ass friends Micca and Michal are coming the first week of April for my baby shower! So is my mom! Cannot wait to see them!

Happy Humpday

1 comment:

Rachel Melone said...

Can't see the pictures. Sad! I'm glad you guys are spending time together and loving it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...