Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yellowstone Trip

Pete has been guiding some of his favorite clients (friends), Carol and Norman Schindler this entire week. They wanted to fish in "The Park" (around here that means Yellowstone National Park) on Saturday.

Because they are such cool people and because they already saw that Matine was such a good baby and wouldn't scream and scare off the fish - they invited us to come along.

It was nice to spend the entire day with Peter (our first this summer) and of course get to see my favorite National Treasure. For those of you who didn't know, Yellowstone was pretty much the first reason I came to the area and eventually one of the ultimate reasons I decided to move to the Big Sky State. It is almost as special to me as Peter and Matine.

The gal was covered head to toe in clothes so the big black flies wouldn't bite her. I was covered in 30% Deet.

We made friends with the bison. No worries, we didn't "approach" the wild beasts, resulting in "goring."
Norman, Carol and Pete fished while Matine and I did a little touring the banks of the Lamar River.

We eventually found a great spot next to the River, under a nice shade tree. We played a bit, Matine took a nap, and I laughed out loud as I read "A Year in the Merde." I highly recommend Yellowstone AND this Book - even better, read it WHILE in Yellowstone under a big tree with a really cute baby :)


Our buffalo friends and a teeny tiny fisherman in the background.

Dad showing his stuff as the fish slayer.

Ahhh... pure contentment.

Pure JOY!

We of course had to stop and get some delicious Wilcoxsen's Ice Cream in Mammoth. Matine liked strawberry the best.

Dazed and a little confused... Why do we have to leave mom?

5 comments:

lauren and brad said...

I've never been but am dying to go. A little jealous that little matine beat me there... :)

Melynda said...

What a lovely day and Matine is looking cuter and cuter (if that's possible).

We usually stop for ice cream when we are in Mammoth, too. And strawberry (referred to as "pink") is Anders' favorite flavor. I'm a chocolate girl, myself.

Lee Holladay Vernon said...

You did let Matine gum the icecream, right??

Michal said...

Love it! Ah, Yellowstone. My favorite oasis...can't wait to visit again with you, Matine and Henry.

firstnamejane.blogspot.com said...

WONDERFUL POST AND BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF YELLOW AND BABY ETC...JUST CURIOUS... HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY ACTUAL YELLOW STONES...I WANT ONE! ENJOYING YOUR BLOG..AS ALWAYS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...