Tuesday, March 3, 2009

31 Weeks and Mustache March

March is a big month in the Howell home!

It marks the month before our baby could very legitimately come, we are going on our last mini-vacation as a single un-childed couple, I shoplifted for the first time, we will hopefully have the refinance of our home completed this month, Micca and Michal will be visiting in the month of March (31st to be exact) and Pete is growing a mustache for "Mustache March."

This is what I look like at 31 weeks knocked-up, or as some people say more gently, "with child." 9 more weeks to go (give or take 2 or so). I really feel like I grew this week. I feel very pregnant now and the baby feels like she is going to leap out of my gut. She is 3.3 pounds or so and over 16 inches long! My brain is still GONE! I can't remember anything and I do really silly things - yesterday I was using a book "Southwest Home Plans: 138 Sun-Loving Designs for Building Anywhere!" to make some notes on in the hardware store and I walked right out with it. Of all the books I could accidentally steal, I wish I would have at least got a book on mountain home design!





Now, on to more important things - Mustache March? Pete? Yes, the two words usually don't go together very often. My super slick hairless husband is not really a hairy guy (which I really love and appreciate) and facial hair has always been a bit spotty. But our genius male pals here have all decided that they are going to all grow mustaches this month, then we will have a party and they will all show off their manliness, hair and the general ridiculousness of themselves.



Now the guys all say this is a "joke" but we have started to notice that they really think they look good and actually like the little furry caterpillars under their noses.



** The following statement is not for prudes or children ** For insurance, the ladies have declared it Muff March - that's right, no shaving, what-so-ever. If the boys DON'T shave their caterpillars at the end of the month - Neither do we! I will not be posting any pictures of this competition. Hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!

Tomorrow bright and early we leave for Washington (the State). We are taking a little road trip to Rocky Ford River to meet Jim Wofford for a couple days of fishing . . . Then we will continue west to Seattle to visit Pete's cousin's Kurt and Tara and spend 2 days in the big rainy City. We are excited to have a "last hoorah" before I get too uncomfortable to travel and we have a child to tote around.

8 comments:

lauren and brad said...

Brooke! 31 weeks! Oh my goodness! I think I see many children in your future...as you are so darn good at this pregnancy business! You look so beautiful...can't say the same for the mustache march crew. :)

Your roadtrip sounds so fun! I love Washington...it is gorgeous up there! have a great final fling! xoxo

Unknown said...

so funny about the mustaches! after "no-shave-november" here, they were talking about doing "mustache march" but then all the staff got recruited to be in the school play so that was out because it wasn't in accordance with their costumes...

so funny...

oh and yes, you look beautiful!!!

Molly said...

I am dying at what you girls have done to assure that they shave at the end of the month! How creative and for sure they will shave those suckers off! YUCK! I love it! You guys crack me up!

Your belly could not be any cuter! And for sure, you should do this many times friend! You look gorgeous as always!

Jacqueline said...

SWEET 'STACHE Pete!!!!! Love the look. Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

If that thing isn't gone before I come, I'm cancelling my flight!!!!
Mic

Rachel Melone said...

First of all, I think they should seriously hire you as a pregnancy model for all the magazines out there! Secondly, we refer to mustaches around here as Birth Control, because no one will be having sex if that thing ever comes around Kris' nose! :) I love the beards and such but will not be able to look at him if he choses the mustache. I will be praying for you during this trying time! :)

Michal said...

Wahoo! I can NOT wait to see you and your belly!! Counting down the days...

Monica said...

I can't believe you will have a BABY soon! So wonderful! And you look waaaaaay too darn cute for being 31 weeks! I'm so jealous! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...