Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fly Shop Chronicles (Cont. )

If you have not read the post below, please do so first.

Pardon my french, but NO SH#* did this man just call back and ask me the following questions:

"What do we do if there is bad weather on the day of fishing?

"Well sir, we very very rarely cancel fishing due to weather. We WILL fish in rain, wind, snow, and cloudy days. Often the best fishing is when the weather is bad."

"I just want to make sure the boat won't fill with snow and sink." hmmmmm......

"So, can you tell me again where and where can't I carry my gun in Montana? I don't want to get arrested."

"Sir I am no expert, but EVEN IF you had a concealed weapons permit for Montana you cannot carry it in any public/federal place like a post office, bank, or any bar. And, you really aren't allowed to have them in Yellowstone... where you will be spending all this time. AND, you really need to ask someone else these questions. I work in a Fly Shop."

"Ok, so to get my bearings .... Why does it take as long as you say to get to Emigrant from Cooke City?"

"Because there is one road and it goes through Yellowstone (35 mph) and it is just that far."

"well, isn't there a short cut?"

"No sir, there is a very major mountain range, through wilderness area, separating the area. There are no roads."

"You think they would have built one by now!"

"Sure. Wonder why they haven't......"

"So, the Yellowstone River, the part we will be fishing on, will we float the entire river?"

"no, you will float about 10 miles of it... your guide will choose which section."

"Ok, so does this flow into the Park?"

"No, the Yellowstone flows out of the Park."

"But, that would mean it is going North?"

"Yes."

"But, how can a river flow north?"

Silence....

"Oh, nevermind.... I guess rivers can flow both ways huh?"

"Yes sir. They can."

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

HOLY SHIT.....I wish I had answered that call. Well, maybe Matson doesn't ;) I really do not believe this guy!

Brooke and Peter said...

oh yeah, I could hardly contain myself. unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Josh thinks it was Clark playing a joke on you. Thanks for making my day with that story.
mic

Unknown said...

totally laughing out loud over here...yeah, i bet that was clark. ;o)

lauren and brad said...

I think you are very patient and intelligent and kind. wow.

Growing up Gwyneth said...

I agree with the comment that it was Clark, sounds like something your dear,sweet brother would do!!!

Rachel Melone said...

For real? I cannot believe that someone would be that far out of touch with nature, and I'm not even a very outdoorsy person! Thanks for sharing your stories and making us all feel a lot smarter!!! :)

Rachel Melone said...

Oh, and I would never neglect my readers, especially you! We are in the midst of selling cars, selling houses and buying other houses. I can't wait to be over this "phase" of my life!

Kelsey said...

I'm cracking up- funniest post I've read in a long time. And CONGRATS on the addition! Very excited for you guys! Take care...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...