Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not even joking . . .


Ran across this today while "blog surfing" random people I don't know.

This is dead serious. Apparently, Carl Lagerfeld of Chanel has designed a fly rod with matching monochromatic flies. Anyone that has EVER fly fished knows how ridiculous and pathetic this is.

"For a mere £9,170 the ponciest angler on the planet can kit himself out with a Chanel rod and a set of meticulously tied, monochrome Chanel flies, complete with the famous "double C" logo on the gossamer wings, presented in a rather fetching, quilted black leather box."

Also according to Chanel " Fly fishing is so this season."

Gag me with my fly rod now.

This represents the end of the sport to me. I am certain the lady with the fox fur boots driving her rented hummer downtown in Livingston last week had one of these in her trunk. Maybe she carried it as an "accessory" to her hoe-down on her "Ranch" in Montana.

Read the whole sad article here.

4 comments:

hub of the house said...

i WAS GOING TO SEND THIS TO YOU...IT WAS FROM MY FRIEND lauren'S BLOG...

Brooke and Peter said...

i think they superimposed him in front of a river picture... I LOVE the gloves and suit the best.

his rod looks like it's going to sink if he ever drops it. must weigh many many pounds!

kerri said...

Peter will have to start screening his clients . . .

Jacqueline said...

Didn't I tell you.... This is why I am learning to fly fish...(I heard that it is in this season) I will be doing something else next year I am sure. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...