Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Now this is my kind of Analytical Thinking

There is a very cool web tool through Google called Google Analytics. You can embed a code into your HTML template of your blog of webpage and it will track activity on your site.

I am sure many people use analytics for actual business or to improve their site. I use it for giggles and to get my imagination going.

I have here a mini- report of activity on my site since January 1, 2008. This is a super simple report of only the states and number of visitors from each. It says how many "visits" there have been from where. I can actually see which cities, how long someone from that city was on the blog, how many pages they visited, and an average time they were reading. At the end of last year I had a visit from someone in Singapore and India! I was thrilled to be going international, but I have not seen any activity from overseas since.

Kind of creepy - I know, but it's fun! I have no idea who is actually looking, only general locations.... But I am happy to report a very diverse readership... Keep it up folks and if you want to let me know WHO you are it might be fun! I love comments on my blog - it only opens the channels of communication and makes our world that much smaller! "It's a small world after all.... "

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really, really want to like this but I think it would end up tormenting me instead. If I knew I had people from other countries reading my blog I would lay awake in bed at night wondering who they were and why they were interested in me, and more importantly, if they were stalking me. I'm glad you have it though, so I can live vicariously through you!

Jacqueline said...

Cool. Might be something that you will have to tutor me on. We should schedule a blog tutor night where you can show me the ropes. :)

hub of the house said...

I LOVE my analytics- I've had it since my blog began and I am so excited to see how many people came each day & how they got there- I must admit the India & Singapore are my people...Johonna & Margot

Brooke and Peter said...

sweet!!!! I am so happy to know where the internationals came from... do you they still read? i sure hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...