Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gal Time

So, what do Brooke and Matine do during the day and night that Pete is doing an overnighter on the Missouri River?

Well, we take our time waking up in the morning... Matine doesn't like to be "rushed" out of bed. She starts squirming (barely) at 7:00.

Modeling one of my latest fashions on the blanket that my mom's friend Carrie made for me.

Dad scoops her up as soon as he can to get some hugs and kisses in before he has to leave for 2 days. She gets in bed with mom where we sleep for another hour (ahhh... I so love getting to lay close to her and feel her breathing in her sleep). We then wake up and have some breakfast - Matine has hers in bed.

I'm just a really happy kid.

We had to take a little road trip to Emigrant to work on the sprinkler system at the house we caretake. We enjoyed the Baby Bjorn and did some walking around the property and getting a bit of fresh air. Then it was back home again and time for another nap.

another day in the life of Brutus - guarding the baby in the basket - from what "dangers" we don't know - or is he just smitten?

I have been so lucky to be able to get about 3 hours of work in each day! It helps the checking account and my future job security. I have been able to do trip bookings and some miscellaneous internet work for Angler's West from home. I am SO thankful for the opportunity! Making some $$ AND staying home with my little girl? We feel very blessed.

Our afternoons consisted of more sleeping, getting more presents (they seem to arrive daily in the mail or from friends and neighbors). This gal is spoiled already. Today, our sweet older neighbor, Greg brought her two of the "sleep sacks"- I already love them.

Also in the mail this week were Matine's new, super cute Aden and Anais "mod swaddles." She loves being swaddled and I needed some bigger ones that were light weight for the summer.

check out my super cool mod swaddles

We took a bath together this week. She really enjoyed the bigger tub and stretching out a bit more - the sink was not as big of a hit. We took a nice walk with Emily and Sully on Thursday. We walked the neighborhoods and downtown for some ice cream. I just about when crazy trying to control the 3 hyper dogs AND the baby AND talk all at the same time.

did I tell you how much I LOVE my changing pad - I could lay here forever.

after my bath / spa treatment and massage from mom . . .

Then Christina came over and we watched "He's Just Not That Into You" and ate pizza.

Pete came home before dark and got some snuggle time with his favorite gal(s) - and we called it a day.
ahhh... dad's home... time to do some quality bonding!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving what Peter is reading in bed. He's funny.
Micca

Suzanne Watson said...

I didn't know Peter was an US Weekly kind of guy. Too funny!

Matine is soooooooo cute! I love her BIG eyes. Keep the pics coming!

Jacqueline said...

I need to come and see you guys. Been thinking about you. We have been in the middle of a rodeo for the last few days. How was the movie??

Lee Holladay Vernon said...

I read that same issue, Pete! I can't believe Jon and Kate....

I love your little girl. I never thought about the spa treatment, essential oils, and massage treatment they get so often. Lucky babies!!

Lee Holladay Vernon said...

I read that same issue, Pete! I can't believe Jon and Kate....

I love your little girl. I never thought about the spa treatment, essential oils, and massage treatment they get so often. Lucky babies!!

Anonymous said...

Brooke, Matine is so precious and already growing and changing so much. I think she looks so much like you! We used swaddle mes with Owen for a few months and then moved into the sleep sacks! We love them and he STILL sleeps in a sleep sack :).

Meggan Carrigg Davidson said...

hilarious! what a fun day!!! lovely pics!!!

lauren and brad said...

Is that Pete reading an US weekly? He must feel really "out of touch" when he's out working! :)

She just keeps getting cuter everyday. I love her.

firstnamejane.blogspot.com said...

I stopped by your Mom's place today and she wasn't there....but Grandpa Jim pulled me in and had me look at at least 1,000 pictures of Matine...he was so adorable! I told him I go to your blog everyday and that I had seen almost every picture!!! But I understand...cause we are crazy about our grand baby too!
I'm so glad you are enjoying "motherhood" Brooke!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...