Monday, January 12, 2009

Week 24





Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

In regards to MY body .... In the past few weeks, the top of my uterus has risen above my belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball! I am starting to notice the expanding and stretching of my hips as they are a bit achy, but stretching and yoga seems to help that. I have also noticed alot of stretching feelings in my abdomen and can feel this Little Girl move and kick ALOT! She likes to make her presence known for sure! Also , my belly is starting to itch more- I am sure that means an impending belly growth time! To date I have gained about 8 pounds. I really prefer sleeping with that body pillow now, mainly for how it makes my hips feel. Yee haw!

Posted by Picasa


5 comments:

hub of the house said...

don't you look cute!!!

lauren and brad said...

I think you look beautiful...

btw. I have a surprise for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello baby girl! Hey, did you move the moon or are you taking pictures in another part of the house?
Micca

Molly said...

Could you get any cuter? That belly of yours is one that makes most pregnant girls want to barf. You are that girl that just carries it in her belly. So stinking cute! Thanks for the new pics...I love watching you grow!

Unknown said...

hi baby girl! and hi brookes ~ you look beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...