Monday, January 26, 2009

26 Weeks!

Wow, I cannot believe I just typed that. It seems like yesterday we were a few weeks pregnant and felt like the 3rd trimester would be a lifetime away!

I am steadily growing by the day, the little Howell is VERY active and strong - kicking her momma and dad all the time. She has a definite schedule and particularly likes 7-8am, mid afternoon and our 8-9pm reading time in bed.

We love talking to her and singing to her and last night Peter was rubbing my belly and she really started kicking back. I think it might have tickled her? Whatever it was - she felt it and was saying SOMETHING back.Part of this fun journey has been the learning process that goes along with it. I am amazed at all the discussions and plans and thoughts that emerge in your brain when preparing for caring for another human life. Pete and I have enjoyed it a lot and I really feel like it has brought us even closer together. We are on the same page with our hopes and dreams for our new family and we cannot wait to tackle this together! What a crazy ride this will be!

We have had 2 hypnobirthing classes so far. The other couple, Emily and Hermes are quickly becoming good friends and we have enjoyed our in and out of classtime together. It's fun to see another couple going through the same things you are - we can't wait to raise these little people together here in town too... Playmates already!

We are learning breathing and relaxation tecniques. I particularly love the massages that Peter has to "practice" on me. I have a CD that I am practicing relaxing to at night and it puts me right out - great! We have watched some pretty crazy and interesting natural birthing videos - ON THE BIG SCREEN AT OUR HOUSE... That has made for some funny moments. Our Docs at the Hospital are 100% behind us having a natural birth and agree to support our wishes and desires to make it a peaceful and empowering experience. We have a good 3 months to keep practicing our relaxation - which ideally will allow the birth to be practically "pain" free - as it should be.


As we speak Peter is doing some of his homework for class - we were asked to each right down all our fears and scary expectations about having a baby, starting a family, the birth, the changing of our lives, etc... Each of us. We are also writing letters to our baby...

We just had another DR. appt. I have gained 8 lbs and they expect I will likely gain around a pound a week for the remainder - around 20 total. Baby is right on track with growth, with a due date of May 4 or approximately the first 2 weeks of May. I am slowly losing my belly button and I am completely in maternity pants now. Cross country skiing and yoga have felt REALLY good and are great for the stretching and toning of all the important muscles I will need for this birth.

Pete has been noticing my increasingly forgetful brain! I am like an IDIOT walking around. I can't remember anything and find myself feeling like the "dumb blond" in all the jokes. I should have him do a blog about all the weird Brooke moments... It would be a doosy.


So, here is my belly at 65% of the way through the pregnancy! All continues to be PERFECT! I love, love love being pregnant. I am actually one of those women who feels like she could do this again - no question.

8 comments:

Molly said...

You look adorable!

I love hearing how you are preparing both physically for the birth and then emotionally for her arrival once at home.

I love hearing that this is bringing you two closer together. Isn't it amazing what becoming parents does to you? Just wait until you see him holding her. Now Blake has officially turned into that dad he always says he wouldn't be (my dad) in protecting his daughter! It's quite funny how a father is with his little girl!

I hope you caught the 20/20 special on birthing...it was so good!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! You should save all these letters for the baby book. Why did I just tell you that, I know you will. Love you!!
Micca

Anonymous said...

Alright!! It's great that you are now saying Baby Girl Howell will be born sometime in the first two weeks of May!! Sounds like you are doing Great!

Ron

hub of the house said...

lookin good @ 26 weeks!! The horse pic at the top is unreal!!!

lauren and brad said...

You look amazing! I'm so happy to hear how much you love being pregnant. I always seem to get weird looks when I tell people how much I love it. And how amazing my natural birth was. Call me if you ever need a pep talk...it will be the most incredible experience of your life!!! I'm so so so excited for you both.

Rachel Melone said...

You look great! You really popped since I last saw you, even though you were underwater! :) I think you will do great with natural birth- I remember the most of my births' when I was having Caed. Although he was huge and it was hard I felt so empowered and I know you will too! Can't wait to meet baby girl Howell someday!!! You just make me smile.

Brianna said...

Hello sweet friend! You look fantastic (I was much bigger than you at 26 weeks with all of mine!)

I am so excited to be able to keep up with you through your blog. If you go to my blog and open the first blog from January it will give you a better family update!

Brianna

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! Thank you for promoting the good things about Hypnobirthing and Prenatal Yoga, truly appreciate it. Let's spread this positive vibe into the world. Looking forward in our last class next week. Love, Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...