Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unconcious Rantings

Because I am so bored at work and because I have not slept in weeks, I have had WAY too much time to think - about everything. They say that women get "hormonal" when they are pregnant. I am not convinced it's not hormones. It's actually because we are TIRED and the hours of lying awake at night leaves us with lots of time to re-live "real" happenings or create imaginary scenarios in our head. You know the kind - when you actually wake up frustrated, anxious or mad at someone - not because they have done anything, but because you created a scene in your head all night?

Poor Peter wakes up to find that I already have a list of things that need to get done today, this week, this season and this lifetime. I am also convinced that if these things don't get done the big blue sky will actually fall. By the time he rolls out of bed I have solved half of the world's problems and don't understand why he doesn't read my mind and catch up! The nerve.

I do recognize the inconvenience of planning someone else's life while they are sleeping. It might actually be a definition of craziness. Thank God we have girlfriends for this sort of thing. I can call and scream into a phone and then by the end of the conversation I realize I need to SLOW DOWN and remember that my plans for solving the economic crisis, our unborn child's middle school choices, Thanksgiving 2010, and our birthing plan should be discussed with a fully conscious husband BEFORE I accuse him (in my head) of not understanding me.

Thank goodness for grace, forgiveness and a sense of humor (for yourself and others).

I am off to nap on the floor of the Shop now. We have had ZERO customers and after trying to light the wood burning stove and smoking the place out, I think the carbon monoxide will be a nice sleep inducer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY do the same thing to Josh. Can you take sleeping pills? ha!
mic

The Peevyhouse's said...

You are hilarious and so true...this is only just the beginnning!

Anonymous said...

WHEN DO YOU GET YOUR NEW CAMERA!!!! Seriously, this is getting ridiculous!
mic

lauren and brad said...

Bless your heart! It's just so funny because it is SO true! The burden of being a woman/wife/and now mommy!!! :)

Please let me know if you need anything! I know we are just crazy blogger friends but trust me...I'm here for you! :)

Rachel Melone said...

Unfortunately, the sleep issue will never get better ! Well, it might, but it will be in about 18 years...And for some reason I feel like you are having a boy... are you going to find out or no?

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Since Brooke has completely neglected the blog world I will answer your question. No, Brooke will not be finding out the sex of baby Howell, or at least last we talked about it she wasn't.
mic

Rachel Melone said...

Thanks Mic!
Even though I don't know you, I already like you a ton for updating me on the status of your bff!!!! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...