Sunday, September 28, 2008

When the boys are away . . .

The girls will play!

The hunting season around here means that the "men folk" are usually gone in the evenings and most available weekends, stalking animals in the woods. If they aren't successful (meaning a dead animal) they rinse and repeat and do it all again the next weekend.

We all do miss our men, but admit that it is kind of nice to have the time to ourselves, eat cereal for dinner if we feel like it, not shave our legs (yuck, but true), keep the house clean, hog the bed, etc.

For me, Pete has just been gone for 12 straight days. Leaving me with A LOT of alone time, dog time, girl time, cleaning time, errand time, and double job duty time.

I still don't have a camera (still missing) but I can update you on all the fun I have been having with my girlfriends since Pete left.

I spent a whole afternoon with Laurie - drinking tea, catching up, going to Caid's 5 year old soccer game, bike ride, having dinner. What a friend . . . We used to talk everyday over lunch or on runs before work - then I went and got a job outside of town... drat.

I enjoyed lots of nice evening walks with the fur-kids.

Even though my dad isn't a girl - I had some pretty fun girl time with him anyhow. I got him ready and prepped for his FIRST MONTANA DATE! He helped me weed my garden, we went downtown and shopped for shoes (for him), and we enjoyed a nice lunch together.

Christina came over. I pre-ordered Sex and the City the Movie at amazon.com and it arrived just in time for a Friday viewing in the Howell Theater.

Saturday morning I was SUPPOSED to go running with Megan and go to yoga with Debbie, but I was feeling crummy and slept in instead.

Saturday afternoon Jeanette and Christina came over and we had the ultimate girl day. We sat around a bowl of Doritos, talked about our hairy legs, jobs, loves, politics and happenings. Christina backed us a vanilla cake with chocolate icing. We then opened some wine and did homemade pedi's (with foot soaks) in the backyard (while eating the cake).

Then Christina left, and Jeannette still needed to see Sex and the City, so I watched it for the 2nd time in one weekend in the downstairs theater room.

Jacqueline and I got to work together, alone TWICE . . . always fun to cyber-stalk and talk with her for the day.

I had cereal for dinner, curled up with my favorite dogs, and took up the ENTIRE bed for one last night before my Love comes home smelly and hairy from Elk Camp.

As I typed this I just got a text from the smelly man --- he misses me and is on his way home!

Thank goodness you have good girlfriends to have fun with while the boys are away!



Laurie and Brooke last winter.
Jacqueline and Brooke at dinner (oh, and the smelly boys too)

Jeannette and Brooke in Vegas!

Christina and Brooke in Missoula!

1 comment:

lauren and brad said...

girl time is the best...but isn't it wonderful when the boy comes home!? :) you better run off and shave your legs before he gets there...or if your like me just imagine that he'll love you anyway. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...